Side Dish Recipes Round Out Your Weekly Menu and Are a Necessary Part of your Grocery Savings Plan
Side dish recipes frequently aren’t on the top of your mind when planning your weekly menu and they shouldn’t be. Well, not the first thing on your mind, but they should be your second thought. As I’ve explained on my grocery store ads page, your menu planning needs to be driven by the meats that are on sale that week. After planning your entrée’s, you need to look at what dishes will go well with them.
The danger you fall in by not planning your sides up front is last minute grabs at the grocery store or extra trips when you realize that you don’t have anything to go with Mom’s Pork Chop Recipe.
• Build a repertoire of great side dishes. Remember to include a variety of ingredients and some easy, quick, inexpensive options. Variety will allow you to take advantage of sales as they come up.
• Write down dishes that go great with your entrée somewhere on that entrée’s recipe
• If you use a recipe software, you can link the two recipes.
• Checkout what meats are on sale that week at your grocery store website.
• Include side dishes in your menu planning.
• Go grocery shopping remembering to stick to your list.
Side Dishes You’ll love
Basic Hummus Recipe
Side Dish Resources
Return from Side Dish Recipes Back to My Homepage