This Cornish Game Hen Recipe is a Great Way to Take Advantage When These Birds Go on Sale!
This Cornish Game Hen recipe is easy and delicious. These tasty birds frequently come in two packs and frequently go on sale. When those sales happen, whip out this recipe for a low-cost Sunday Dinner. Although the prep time for this recipe is quick and easy, the 1 ½-hour bake time may force you to restrict this meal to weekend cooking. However, if you have the time during the week for a lengthy baking time…
4 Cornish Game Hens
1 Cup Wild Rice (uncooked)
1 tsp salt
4 Cups Water
¾ Cup honey mustard
½ Cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350°f
- Rinse rice then combine with water and salt in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and let cook, uncovered for 40 minutes (or follow the instructions on the rice package if different).
- Once rice is done, put honey mustard and butter in a sauce pan on low heat stirring occasionally until butter is melted. Meanwhile rinse hens and pat dry.
- Stuff each hen with wild rice then line the bottom of a baking dish with the remaining rice.
- Put hens on top of rice and baste liberally with honey-mustard mixture.
- Bake at 350°f for 1½ hours basting with remaining honey-mustard every 15–20 minutes.
You can make this recipe your own by adding some herbs to the rice or the hens themselves before you baste them.
Make This Recipe Your Own, Then Tell Us About It!
Tell us how you made this recipe your own! As I've said before, I usually start with somebody else's recipe and tweak them to give them my own signature. Tell us how you did that to this recipe and you may end up on grocery-savings.com
Additionally, I'll be posting some of these submitted recipes to the Grocery Savings Gazette, so you'd better subscribe!
Return From Cornish Game Hen Recipe Back to Sunday Dinners
Return to Chicken
Return to Regular Meals